Get Ready for the Leading a Lean Culture Masterclass
Lexington, USA / 1st - 3rd October 2019
This highly interactive three-day experience provides unparalleled access to the largest Toyota plant in the world, led by Mike Hoseus, former Toyota executive and co-author of ‘Toyota Culture’. With Mike’s expert insights throughout, you will learn first hand what it takes to lead and sustain a world class lean organisation.
You'll see how Toyota's lean culture permeates through their supply chain with a second plant tour to one of their leading suppliers. Also included:
• How to create a tangible action plan on how to take your own lean program to the next level
• Learn how to move away from opportunistic cost reduction programs to initiatives that achieve lasting and sustainable business results
• See the Toyota Production System in action with an in-depth walking tour of the Toyota Advanced Manufacturing Training Center and tour the factory floor of their largest plant globally
• Take away practical examples from different industries of how to measure and demonstrate the impact of lean programs
Masterclass Agenda at a Glance
Tuesday, October 1st
Introductions and Orientation
From Cost Reduction To Sustainable Results
An interactive session preparing for the Toyota benchmarking tour
Exclusive Tour of Toyota
A behind-the-scenes and interactive factory floor tour of Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky
Group Debrief of Tour
Wednesday, October 2nd
Lean Work System: Process
Identify the “current state” and lean culture and gaps in your organisation
Kata Group Exercise
Iterate toward the target condition
Lean Development System: People
Developing employee engagement and alignment
Tour of the Woodford Reserve
Bourbon Whisky Distillery and Dinner
Thursday, October 3rd
Walking Plant Tour of Toyota Supplier
Discussion with Plant Management of implementing Lean in a “non-Toyota” setting
Case Example of Sustainable Culture
A critical review of best practices as well as the failures of the past
KPIs, Metrics and Measuring Your Impact
Examples from different industries of how to measure and demonstrate your impact
Planning session to develop the way forward
Your Masterclass Leader
“Highly recommendable - great and up to date information, engaging discussion and very much designed around the audience.” Previous attendee from Bosch
How will I benefit from Mike?
• Identify gaps in the foundations of your daily managemen, and participate in Kata group exercises led by Mike
• Learn how to develop systematic problem solving at all levels in your organisation and link this to performance management
• Meet and take part in discussions with plant management from a leading Toyota supplier about how to implement lean in a ‘non-Toyota’ setting
• Identify optimal metrics that focus on the processes of value creation and their associated costs
• Transform you learning into a detailed action plan with specific steps to take and an understanding of how to communicate this vision and engage stakeholders across your company
Former Executive at Toyota Motor Engineering and Manufacturing for 13 years
Mike is Executive Director for the Center for Quality People & Organizations (CQPO).
Developed in 1999 as a vision of Toyota Motor Manufacturing to share Lean Quality philosophy and human resource practices.
What Our Clients Say
"Excellent opportunity to learn, benchmark and collaborate with peers. Real discussion without sales pitches."
Previous attendee from Johnson & Johnson
"Gets to the heart of lean - critical flow fundamental elements that gives you clear and actionable direction."
Previous attendee from Cardinal Health
"A deep look into Toyota Culture with a master coach of the Toyota Production System."
Previous attendee from Roche
Unique masterclass Format
Practical training, engaging group discussions and exercises, exclusive site visits and in-depth industry case studies are all designed to ensure you benefit from both the extensive experience of Mike Hoseus, as well as the collective expertise of your fellow attendees, all of whom are senior lean practitioners from leading manufacturing companies.
The evening tour of the Woodford Reserve Bourbon Whisky Distillery on October 2nd, followed by a drinks reception and dinner with guest speaker, is one of the many highlights of the masterclass and the perfect opportunity to relax and get to know your fellow attendees.
Our aim is to ensure that at the end of day three you leave the masterclass with lots of actionable new insights, tools and techniques and a host of new industry contacts to help you and your company continue on the next stage of your lean journey.
Sponsors and service providers are strictly excluded so the discussions focus on the key challenges that matter to you without distracting sales pitches.
Meet attendees from global companies across a wide range of industries ensuring you get fresh perspectives on how to approach your lean implementation challenges.
Take part in customised group discussions and exercises that are specifically tailored to meet your key learning and development needs.
Guest places are limited to 30 for the purposes of focused attention for the group
Lexington USA. 1st - 3rd October 2019
Register Your Interest